Unrivaled Natural degradation of TPH, BTEX, MTBE, PAH & Aliphatics in Contaminated Soil.
Bioremediation of industrial sites and petrochemical spillages often involves microbes that can gorge themselves on the toxic chemicals. Soil Remedy™ is formulated from 33 strains of microorganisms including bacteria and unicellular fungi scientifically selected with known appetites and contaminant degradation capabilities. With not less than 2 billion per milliliter, these organisms are targeted specifically for the treatment of organic contamination such as oils and petroleum based fuels to speed up remediation and put land back into use quickly.
Applications and Uses
Bioremediation of hydrocarbon contamination in soil, sludge, surface and groundwater.
Treatment of oily wash water from heavy equipment, truck, bus and auto washing operations.
Treatment of producing oil wells experiencing problems associated with paraffin accumulation. Reduction of hydrogen sulfide in gas wells.
The key step in the degradation of hydrocarbon contaminants depends on the presence of a multi-component enzyme system found in these microorganisms. These optimized microbes are applied to the contamination site or spill in large but controlled volumes and digest their way through the pollutant material, multiplying and digesting until no pollutant remains. Soil Remedy™ microorganisms utilize these unwanted hydrocarbon contaminants as their fuel source. The byproducts are non-toxic carbon dioxide and water, and mineralized matter.
The success of bioremediation ultimately depends on the presence of capable microorganisms, oxygen and nutrients which can be properly “managed” to utilize their capabilities. CoreBiologic™ provides materials and proven solutions for a large range of contaminants in several environmental settings. Quality is essential for optimum results and each strain is tested to ensure effectiveness of every batch. Soil Remedy is safe, natural, and NOT genetically modified.
- Significantly faster than relying on native microorganisms and other remediation techniques.
- Cost effective compared to other forms of remediation.
- Avoid expensive landfill tax rates.
- In-situ and Ex-situ options enable minimal disruption of surrounding, non-contaminated areas.
- Can remediate areas that are not easily accessible or are inaccessible to other technologies.
- Air quality and air pollution concerns from volatile chemical evaporation are eliminated.
- After bioremediation is completed, the soil is virtually restored.
- The process poses no health or safety risks to employees, thereby reducing insurance costs.
- Petroleum Hydrocarbons, Oil and Grease, Gasoline, Diesel, Fuel Oil
- BTEX (Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylene) and MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether)
- PAHs (Naphthalene, Anthracene, Flourene)
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Aliphatics from Hexane to Paraffin.
- Non-toxic and easy to apply.
- Bioremediation can be accomplished in-place (In Situ).
- Available in a range of volumes to meet any need.
Degrades Volatile Organic Compounds:
- Bioremediation of petroleum hydrocarbon contamination in soil, sludge, surface and groundwater.
- Treatment of oily wash water from heavy equipment, truck, bus and auto washing operations.
- Treatment of producing oil wells experiencing problems associated with paraffin accumulation. Reduction of hydrogen sulfide in gas wells. Other applications.
- Dosing is based on applying Soil Remedy™ microorganisms at 33 ml per cubic foot of soil.
- Rates may vary depending on contamination levels, soil density, soil weight and desired time frame for remediation.