A mixture of beneficial microbes designed to increase the degradation of crop stubble.
Per acre, trillions of microbial stubble digesters convert stubborn, fibrous plant material into precious organic food for the next round of valuable crops. CoreBiologic StubDown™ is safe, natural, and NOT genetically modified.
Applications and Uses
Stubble from: corn, soybeans, wheat, generally any crop residue after harvest
StubDown™ is a mixture of beneficial microbes designed to enhance the degradation of crop stubble. Without StubDown™ the digestion occurs naturally but the process is very time consuming. With StubDown™, that process is sped up drastically, allowing the soil to retain as many nutrients as possible.
StubDown™ stimulates the natural biological breakdown of crop residue in order to facilitate the retention of beneficial micronutrients in your agricultural system. This product is for all farmers who desire to improve the efficiency of inputs like fertilizer, diesel and rubber, while improving soil tilth. With this breakdown of crop residue, you now have the option to reduce tillage passes in either the fall or the spring.
- StubDown™ represents a valuable opportunity to rapidly convert crop residue into organic matter and release nutrients to the soil.
- Well-digested stubble decreases the hosts for fungal diseases and improves the soil ecology, offering better natural plant protection.
- The initial objective is not to completely digest the stubble, only to etch its surface to allow for better water penetration to transport more organisms inside the stalk to facilitate the degradation process.
- The better your humus levels, the faster your response to mineral fertilizers like lime, dolomite, rock phosphate and rock dust. The release of these materials is governed by biology.
- The cycling of fresh nutrients optimizes the use of replacement levels of applied fertilizer applications.
- The degradation rate allows some surface fodder to remain in order to keep erosion at a minimum for the next growing season.
*Claims made are not valid in the state of Illinois.
- StubDown™ is a proprietary concentrated blend of over 25 NATURAL species of beneficial microbes including cellulose and lignin degrading microbes.
- StubDown™ degrades a wide array of cellulose and related polymers, chitin and related polymers, lignin and many of its breakdown products.
- StubDown™ has trillions of microbes per gallon
- 100% naturally occurring non-pathogenic.
- Not genetically modified, non-GMO.
- Application rates may vary but we recommend 16oz. of StubDown™ per 10-15gal. of water per acre.
- Supplement nitrogen such as 28%, 32% or Ammonium Thiosulfate will be sufficient to assure a long breakdown curve.
- Applications can be made with fungicides, although it is generally not recommended.
- Applications can be made with fall applied herbicide and insecticide programs.