Natural Microbes for the bioremediation of contaminated soil and water from VOC, BTEX, MTBE, and other hazardous compounds.
Volatile Organic Compounds are a necessary component or byproduct of pesticides, herbicides, and many industrial processes. Unfortunately these compounds may be hazardous and require proper containment. When spills or leaks occur, VOC Destroyer™ is a Professional Strength, safe, and non-toxic cleanup solution that reduces VOCs to acceptable levels. VOC Destroyer™ is a consortium of bacteria, unicellular, and mycelial fungi designed with specific appetites for VOCs and other hazardous chemicals.
Applications and Uses
Bioremediation of contaminated soil, sludge, surface and ground water containing:
Volatile Organic Compounds
Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene and Xylenes (BTEX)
Methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE)
Pesticides & Herbicides
VOC Destroyer™ is used in many industries including:
Hazardous Waste Removal
Pesticide & Herbicide Manufacturing
Equipment washing at golf courses and similar operations.
The key step in the degradation of VOC contaminants depends on the presence of a multi-component enzyme system found in these microorganisms. These optimized microbes are applied to the contamination site and digest their way through the pollutant material, multiplying and digesting until no pollutant remains. VOC Destroyer™ microorganisms utilize these unwanted contaminants as their fuel source. The byproducts are non-toxic carbon dioxide, water, and mineralized matter.
- Degradation of Chlorinated Hydrocarbons, Phenols and related compounds.
- Removal of many pesticides and herbicides. Isoprenoid, linear and cyclic terpene degradation.
- The process is generally 60-70% less costly than other technologies.
- Air quality and air pollution concerns from volatile chemical evaporation are eliminated.
- Can remediate areas that are not easily accessible or are inaccessible to other technologies.
- The process poses no health or safety risks to employees.
- The contaminating material is converted to innocuous carbon dioxide and water, thereby returning the soil or water to “clean” standards.
- Over 20 Strains of Fresh, Viable, and Natural microbes selected for their capabilities to bioremediate VOCs.
- Free of caustics, it will not damage plastic pipes or plumbing fixtures.
- Converts VOCs into carbon dioxide, water and biomass.
- It is non-pathogenic, non-toxic, non-carcinogenic and biodegradable.
- Bioremediation can be accomplished in-place (In Situ).
- Aliphatic hydrocarbon degradation from hexane to paraffin.
- VOC hydrocarbon degradation including BTEX, and MTBE.
- High count microbial inoculant with efficacy across a number of environmental applications.
- Spray or pour to saturate the affected area and allow to dry. *Do not blot or soak up excess material.
- 1 gallon of product remediates up to 1 cubic yard of soil or 200 gallons of contaminated water.
- Repeated applications may be necessary depending on contamination levels, soil density, soil weight, and desired time frame for remediation.